The Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Psychology Interest Group invites submissions for the APS ACT Psychology Interest Group Award.
The APS ACT Psychology Interest Group Award is designed to promote contributions to research, therapy and/or social applicability of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Relational Frame Theory (RFT). The award encourages the conduct of scientific research relevant to practice issues and the dissemination of research findings to the community of practitioners of ACT and RFT by acknowledging the overall best student completing an APAC accredited Honours, Master of Psychology, Professional Doctorate or a PhD program in an Australian tertiary instituion engaging in research focussed on ACT or RFT.
- Successful candidates for the APS ACT Psychology Interest Group Award will:
- have their name published in InPsych;
- be invited to prepare their thesis as a presentation for consideration for inclusion in the next APS Annual Conference occurring after their receipt of the Award;
- receive an award of $250and a certificate; and
- be offered one standard registration at no costto attend the next APS Annual Conference Program occurring after their receipt of the Award, and one night’s accommodation to the value determined by the APS ACT Interest Group’s National Committee. If the candidate is unable to attend the APS Annual Conference the candidate can be offered one standard registration to an alternative APS Conference in the same year.
- be offered one year’s APS membership at no costprovided that the successful candidate makes an application for membership within twelve (12) months of receiving notice of their Award.
Submissions can be made to the Acting Convener Liz Patton firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations close on 31 October
Member Group Administrator
Tel: 03 8662 3300
Further information can be found on our website