The recipients of the ANZ ACBS scholarships for 2019 are:
- Sibel Kilic (South Australia)
- Cleo Stevenson (South Australia), and
- Nicola Cary (Western Australia)
The recipients will be awarded a certificate by the keynote speakers during the conference.
ANZ ACBS offered three scholarships to its conference – Student, Diversity and Indigenous. These scholarships help ANZ ACBS:
- educate, empower and develop Contextual Behavioural Science (CBS) in our (ANZ) community;
- advance cognitive and behavioural science and practice.
- alleviate human suffering and advance human wellbeing;
- foster and further develop a local community of scholars, researchers, educators, and practitioners; and
- be values directed. As a community, ANZ ACBS is committed to the values of accessibility, transparency, pragmatism (doing what works), generous scholarship and practice, and philanthropy.
To be considered for these scholarships, applicants must be members of ANZ ACBS in good standing and apply to the ANZ ACBS Executive Officer by the closing date (23 September 2018). Priority is given to applicants who demonstrate a clear need for training, limited access to training and development resources, and a strong commitment to foster the dissemination and implementation of CBS in their communities.
Applicants are invited to explain how they will benefit from the scholarship, how their attendance will further ANZ ACBS goals, and how their attendance will foster CBS in their own communities.
Diversity Scholarships are intended to increase diversity at our annual conferences by providing funds for individuals who come from diverse and/or disadvantaged backgrounds and who would be unlikely to attend an ANZ ACBS conference without this added financial support.
Indigenous scholarships are intended to encourage the attendance of Māori, Pacifika, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders at ANZ ACBS conferences, fostering their representation and involvement, and valuing indigenous perspectives.
Student scholarships are intended to encourage the attendance of current students at ANZ ACBS conferences. Applicants must be currently enrolled as a student in an undergraduate or graduate programme.
Back to conference quick links…